|
你好!这是我的朋友李 Hi! This is my friend Li.
情景对话:
A:Hi! This is my friend Li.(你好!这是我的朋友李。)
B:Hi Li. How are you doing? It’s good to meet you.(你好,李!你好吗?很高兴见到你。)
A:I’m fine, thanks. What are you guys up to?(我很好,谢谢。你们哥儿几个在干什么?)
B:We’re going for a beer. Want to join us?(我们去喝啤酒。愿意一起去吗?)
A:Cool. That sounds good. Where are you going?(好啊!听起来不错。你们打算去哪儿?)
B:Up to Houhai. We’ll find a bar — there’s lots of them.(去后海。 我们得找一家酒吧———那儿有很多。)
A:Great. I could do with a beer.(好极了。我可以喝一杯。)
很高兴见到你 Pleased to meet you
情景对话:
A.So where do you work Li?
A.那么,李你在哪里工作?
B.At Beijing University. I work in the IT department. You know, computers and so on.
B.在北京大学。我在信息技术系工作。你知道,就是计算机之类的。
A.Must be quite interesting. So how do you know Gao Yu?
A.一定非常有趣吧!那你又是怎样认识高雨的呢?
B.Well, she works in anoth-er department. But we’re old friends anyway.
B.喔,她在另一个系工作。但是我们可是老朋友了。
A.Small world! And I know Gao Yu through my friend Dave. Ah, here’s Dave now.
A.世界太小了!我通过我的朋友戴维认识了高雨。啊,戴维来了。
B.Hi Dave. I’m Li. Pleased to meet you.
B.你好,戴维!我是李。很高兴认识你。
让我来介绍陈先生 Let me introduce Mr Chan.
情景对话:
A:Delighted you could come to Beijing!(很高心你能来北京。)
B:Thank you. And I’m delighted I could make it. It’s great to meet you after all this time.(谢谢你。我很高兴我终于来了。这么久之后见到你非常高兴。)
A:Well, please have a seat. Can I get you a tea, or coffee, or water?(请坐。我给你拿杯茶、咖啡还是水?)
B:Tea would be fine thanks. I’m so glad we can have this meeting today.(茶就行,谢谢。我很高兴今天能彼此见面。)
A:Yes. My colleague, Mr Chan, will also join us short-ly.(是的。我的同事,陈先生,一会儿将加入我们。)
B:Good. I’ve been looking forward to meeting him. (好。我一直期待着见到他。)
A:Here he is. Let me introduce Mr Chan.(他来了。让我来介绍陈先生。)
很高兴再次见到你。你明天有空吗? Good to see you again. Are you free tomorrow?
情景对话:
A:I’m afraid I have to go. I’ve got to get an early night.(恐怕我得走了。我今晚得早点休息。)
B:No problem. Anyway, it’s good to see you again. Are you free tomorrow?(没问题。无论怎样都很高兴再次见到你。明天你有空吗?)
A:Tomorrow? I might be. What time?(明天?可能有空。什么时候?)
B:How about early evening just after work? We could meet for dinner.(明天傍晚下班之后怎么样?我们见面后一起吃晚饭。)
A:Around six o’clock? I think I could do that.(六点左右?我想可以。)
B:Or lunchtime if that’s easier for you. I’m free both times.(或者是午餐时间如果你更合适的话。我两个时间都有空。)
A:Early evening is best. Shall we say six — at your ho-tel?(傍晚最好。咱们6点在你的旅馆见面好吗?)
我可以带朋友一起来吗 Can I bring my friend with me?
情景对话:
A:OK. Dinner tomorrow night — I’ll see you at six.(好的。明晚一起吃晚饭———我6点和你见面。)
B:Perfect. Can I bring a friend with me? There’s someone I’d like you to meet.(好极了。我能带个朋友来吗?我想让你见一个人。)
A:Certainly. Who is that?(当然可以。那个人是谁?)
B:She’s a colleague from my work. She said she would be interested to meet you. Perhaps you can do business together.(她是我一起工作的同事。她说她很有兴趣见见你。也许你们可以一起做生意。)
A:Ah, she’s in the same field of work?(啊,她从事同一领域的工作吗?)
B:Yes. And I thought it would be good to put you two together.(是的。我想让你们两个认识是一件好事。)
我想让你见见高太太 I’d like you to meet Mrs Gao.
情景对话:
A:Hi! Good to see you. I’d like you to meet Mrs Gao. She’s my colleague.(嗨!很高兴见到你。我想让你见见高太太。她是我的同事。)
B:Pleased to meet you. Neil told me about you.(很高兴认识你。尼尔跟我说起过你。)
C:I’m pleased to meet you too. I believe we work in the same area.(我也很高兴认识你。我相信我们从事的是同样的领域。)
B:Yes, so I understand. How did you get into IT?(是的,我也这样想。你是怎么进入信息技术业的?)
C:Oh, I was interested in computers at university I guess.(哦,我想从我上大学的时候我就对计算机感兴趣。)
B:Me too! Anyway, we can talk about it over dinner.(我也是!无论怎样,我们在吃饭的时候可以好好谈一谈。)
这位是大卫。他从多伦多来 And this is David. He’s from Toronto.
情景对话:
A:I’ve got another friend coming in about 20 minutes. He might be running a bit late, but he’ll be here soon.(我还有一位朋友大约20分钟后到。他可能会晚到一会儿,但是他很快会到的。)
B:Who is he? Have we met him before?(他是谁?我们以前见过他吗?)
A:No, I don’t think so. He’s another guy who works with me. A Canadian.(不,我想没有。他是另一个和我一起工作的小伙子。一个加拿大人。)
B:I look forward to seeing him.(我期待着见到他。)
A:Here he is — he’s early. Let me introduce him. This is David. He’s from Toronto.(他来了———他提前到了。让我来介绍他。这位是大卫。他从多伦多来。)
B:Hi David. Glad you could come.(嗨,大卫。很高兴你能来。)
很高兴认识大家 It’s been nice to meet everybody.
情景对话:
A:It’s been nice to meet everybody.(很高兴认识大家。)
B:Yes, we must do this again — meet for dinner or a drink. It’s been good.(是的,我们一定再来一次———见面吃顿饭或者喝一杯。今天太高兴了。)
A:Do you have a contact number? What’s your mobile number?(你有联系方式吗?你的手机号码是多少?)
B:Yes, I do. And you must give me yours.(是的,我有。你也一定要把你的给我。)
A:Yes, it would be good to keep in touch and meet again.(好的,要保持联系,还要再见面。)
B:Yes. And sooner rather than later!(是的。越早越好!)
网络编辑 刘小瑾 |